Intel Corporation, Folsom, California
March 2005 to May 2005: Project Manager, ABU Hardware Upgrade Project
Acted as interim Project Manager for the PeopleSoft Infrastructure Upgrade project (code named ABU), creating a hardware environment for development and testing of PeopleSoft upgrades and add-ons.
- Supervised acquisition and installation of 32 HP/Compaq DL580 and DL380 G3 Servers.
- Participated in teams to integrate and schedule configuration of new servers and upgrade of existing servers to new PeopleSoft version 8.1 and MS Server 2003.
- Coordinated with HR to ensure minimal downtime.
- Coordinated with teams in Arizona, California and Washington DC.
- Built out project plan, coordinated resources, and interfaced with a large, matrixed team including System Engineers, DBA's, Application Specialists and external stakeholders.
- Participated in the planning and procurement stages.
April 2004 to December 2004: Project Manager, eWorkforce Initiative
Contracted to the IT Customer Engagement department as project manager for implementation of Intel's eWorkforce Initiative - an Office 2003/SharePoint 2.0/custom tools solution for Intranet-based corporate data integration, standardization, archiving and search.
- Acted as project manager for five major divisions (HR, Capital, Finance, Legal and Corporate Quality Network - over 10,000 employees).
- Provided project management and technical support to divisional Implementation Managers and teams.
- Tracked issues and researched/developed solutions.
- Built and administered project WSS teamsites for several implementation teams.
- Provided guidance to architects on SPS architecture.
- Worked with Intel Administrative Services Council (IASC) to track adoption of eWorkforce throughout company.
- Interviewed dozens of Intel admins to determine attitudes about working methods and responsibilities.
- Captured Training and QA issues for future eWF releases, presented findings to IT Management.
- Assisted Research department by developing surveys and tracking tools to monitor customer satisfaction with Intel IT products and services, and presented results to IT Management. This analysis involved working with Intel Asset Management and HR to assemble complex reports from which usage and employee data could be mined.
- Developed a SharePoint-based system for creating and managing the IT Roadmap of over 80 products and services.
MS Windows XP. MS Sharepoint 2.0, MS Content Management Server 2002, MS SharePoint Server, FrontPage, Visio 2003, MS Project 2003. Microsoft Office. Adobe Photoshop.
Return to home