Corporate Images, Inc., San Francisco, CA 94111
January 1988 to December 1995: Designer/Computer Graphics Manager/New Technology Manager
Set up and managed a state-of-the-art computer graphics department for a startup presentation graphics company by developing workflow control, design guidelines and computer data storage and backup procedures.
October 1984 to January 1988: Art Director/Lead Computer Artist
- Coordinated conversion of Corporate Images' production facilities from Genigraphics to Macintosh- and Windows-based systems.
- Implemented Desktop Presentation Services imaging service bureau.
- Researched, recommended and supervised installation of equipment.
- Developed workflow and job tracking procedures.
- Designed on-line bulletin board and interactive ordering system for modem file transfer.
- Provided extensive telephone support to clients, based on hands-on experience with over 100 Macintosh, Windows and DOS applications.
- Trained imaging and art production personnel and led sales staff orientation.
- Enhanced the corporate communications and public image of dozens of Fortune 1000 corporations, including Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Pacific Bell/Telesis, Sprint Communications, Sun Microsystems, Genentech, Syntex, and Southern Pacific Railroad and helped raise millions of dollars for startup companies such as Tularik Pharmaceuticals and Chiron Corporation by creating innovative presentation design.
- Conducted classes and seminars in Presentation Graphic Design, New Presentation Technologies, and presentation graphics applications.
- Wrote and designed customer newsletter and corporate advertising.
- Supervised Corporate Images' move into multimedia and on-screen presentation products, including PhotoCD services.
- Acted as system administrator for 30-node Ethernet network of Macs and PCs.
- Took a five month sabbatical in 1991 to write Understanding Presentation Graphics for Sybex, Inc. -- a complete guide to presentation design for speakers and computer users who prepare audio-visual materials.
- Developed Internet strategies for Corporate Images to move into website design and online presentations.
- Supervised installation and organization of computer graphics department (using Genigraphics DEC PDP11/73-based workstations), including equipment installation and workflow procedures.
- Supervised staff of up to eight artists.
- Designed award-winning presentations for a wide variety of clients.
MS Windows 1.0, 2.0, 3.0/95, Macintosh OS 1-6. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker, Director and Illustrator. Aldus Graphics Suite (Persuasion, Freehand). Deneba Canvas. Quark Xpress. Over 75 Mac and PC presentation/graphics programs. Genigraphics presentation software (DEC OS). Filemaker Pro.
Return to home