California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), Sacramento, California
March 2001 to October 2001; Business/Systems Analyst
Contracted to Caltrans as a systems analyst for a series of projects related to a major effort to consolidate software development within the Caltrans IT organization.
- Assisted in a $30 million effort to consolidate Transportation Management Center (TMC) software development by producing an Executive Report to the Department of Information Technology (DOIT).
- Analyzed and documented traffic field data collection, internal processing and Internet/Intranet distribution to State departments, third-party Internet resellers and media outlets.
- Interviewed Caltrans staff statewide, abstracted technical documentation of field elements/software and performed field and Internet research on traffic data utilization.
- Documented Caltrans Fiber/T3/T1 backbone and produced detailed analysis of remote site locations and access.
- As part of a $9 million dollar initiative, performed GAP analysis and created a report that detailed cost/benefit ratio of converting existing mainframe contract management systems to Oracle applications.
MS Windows 98/2000. MS Visio 2003, MS Project 2003. Microsoft Office. MVS, DB2, Oracle, IBM Websphere. Joint Application Development (JAD), Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
Return to home